Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dead..

Sorry for the super dead blog.. :-D

Well, on updates on Jakarta and graduation, please refer to the pictures on my facebook.
Kinda lazy then...

Working nowadays is kinda tiring..
People are getting more demanding nowadays..
People are getting more fussy nowadays..
People often finding fault on us nowadays..

Just to share 2 situations that I faced 2 days ago..

As almost everyone who took an airplane before, it's common for a flight attendant to check passengers boarding pass before boarding an airplane, especially in KUL.
Why is this important? Why are we doing this?
It is because we want to make sure that no passenger or passengers will board the wrong aircraft, and end up going to a wrong destination.
This is because as you know, LCCT is a super messy place.
Yes, I know that in AA, we check the boarding passes very frequently, but this is to ensure that passengers goes to the right place and pass through the right person.
So, once, there's this passenger, and he's the last to board after around 100+ passengers.
I then asked for his boarding pass like what I did to other passengers before him.
"Encik, boleh saya dapatkan boarding pass?"
"10A"
"Tapi saya perlukan boarding pass cik, untuk pastikan flight number"
"I/C boleh?"
"Tak boleh cik, sebab saya perlu tengok flight number."
He finds everywhere, in his pocket, in his bag.. "Tak payahlah!"
Then, luckily, the GS arrive...
"Yunk, passenger hilang boarding pass la, boleh check tak? Dengan I/C?"
Then, we check his I/C with the manifest that the GS just brought...
"Kenapa nak buat semua ni? Tadi dah check..." bla bla bla.. with angry tone..
"Cik, kita kena check, nanti takut cik naik aircraft salah. Sepatutnya pergi PEN nanti gi bali pulak. Sape tau?"
Then, all 3 of us proceed to aircraft....
While walking up the stairs...
"Cuma orang bodoh je buat macam tu!"
And then, in the aircraft, I saw him writing something in his diary.
If it's a complaint for me, I just want to thank him then.

Thank you very much!!
So, when we check boarding pass, you complaint.
So, when you board the wrong aircraft, you go to the wrong parking bay, you complaint, you scold us, you blame it on us.
Hmmm... More to come in the future..

2nd situation..

While passengers were boarding to the aircraft through aerobridge....
"Good evening! Welcome onboard!"
"Delay ya!"
"Yes ma'am, I'm so sorry for the delay."
In a sarcastic tone:
"SOW-RY!"

For your information Ms. I dunno who...
The aircraft was delayed for half an hour because of the late arrival to KUL when we took over the aircraft that afternoon.
We, even board the aircraft late because of the half an hour late arrival from the morning flight.
I have already apologize when it's not my fault.

Fortunately, my colleague explained loudly to her,
"For your information, we were delayed because of the late arrival of aircraft. It wasn't because of us"
Then, there's the husband or brother or whoever related asking the pax,
"You said that to them ah?"
We just answered to him then,
"Yes, sir. And the delay wasn't because of us."
"Okay okay, nevermind."
"Thank you for understanding sir!"

Lesson from 2nd situation, please ASK before blaming us or anything.
For example, when I did HAK flight on Christmas, the flight was delay 3 hours... 3 hours people!! Not half an hour.
However, passengers were polite!
They ask first on why was the flight delayed?
Then, we answered that the previous aircraft got technical problem, so we have to change with another aircraft.
One of the passenger said he woke up at 5.30am.
I told him I woke up at 3.30am, and my body clock is messed up also because I had Christmas Eve dinner the night before. And he can see that our eyes like don't have 'semangat' also. Then, we laughed together. I like these type of passengers.

Sometimes, things happened not because of us.
Sometimes, aircraft were parked far away from departure hall or arrival hall and passengers coming to the aircraft said,
"Why park so far? Have to walk so far!"
I'm so sorry, we also didn't want it to be parked so far.
It's the ATC who arranged so.
We didn't have the choice to choose where to park and all.
We, the flight attendants, and the tech crew also walked as far as the passengers.
For those who asked in a good way, thank you, and I'll answer in a good way.
For those who just blame and scold me, I'm so sorry, I'll answer in a good way as well, but please be more understanding and remember your manners.

I still love my job although there are some shitty situations.
Believe me, there are more than these.
But these 2 situations are the most recent ones.

I just hope that it'll change soon. That it'll improve.
:-)

Always remember that when you think you're in a shitty situation, there's definitely another person who's experiencing something worst than you.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment